With Triops rearing, your children will take on and develop social responsibility. From hatching to the end of life – they take care of an animal to which they have developed an emotional bond. The species Triops longicaudatus grows very quickly and is sexually mature within 14 days.
After two weeks, the Triops females start laying eggs by burying them in the sand . When the last primeval crabs have died, you can dry the eggs, freeze them and use them for a new breeding. Triops longicaudatus are perfectly comfortable with a temperature in the range of 25° C and can be bred with still mineral water, distilled water or river and lake water.
Let these primeval creatures fascinate you and your children – in your living room!
“Triops longicaudatus” fact sheet:
Phylum: Arthropods (Arthropoda)
Subphylum: Crustaceans (Crustacea)
Size: 5 to 7 cm
Life expectancy: approx. 60 to 90 days
Temperature: 25 to 28° C
Scope of delivery:
- 1 x egg-sand mixture (breeding kit)
- 1 x Faunabox 18 x 12 x 14 cm (cover with handle, currently only available in blue)
- 1 x pipette for cleaning
- 1 x sachet of staple food
- 1 x sachet spirulina powder (young animal food)
- 1 x sachet of juvenile food (decapsulated Artemia eggs)
- 1 x sachet of aquarium sand (gravel), 200 g
- 1 x sachet of sea almond leaf pieces
- 1 x Glass thermometer with suction cup
- 1 x Breeding instructions (in English)